Tockington Manor is a family school and we are very aware of the pressure on families where both parents are working. We try to have a flexible approach to arrival and departure times for children at the school. Children may arrive in time for breakfast at 7.45 am if this is convenient to parents and, although the school day for Upper School officially ends after prep and activities at 5.55 pm, day children in the Upper School are welcome to stay for supper at 6.00 pm (no extra charge) with collection at 6.30pm.
A number of spare beds are always available for day boys and girls from the age of 7 Upwards in the Upper School for use as and when convenient to their parents. Flexi boarding is very popular amongst our families.
Please click the link for our termly school fees (3 terms per year) for 2017/18.
Included in our fees:
• Tuition (except where stated under optional extras).
• All meals.
• Complete wrap around care for Reception – Year 2 from 7.45am – 6.00pm (Monday to Friday) including breakfast, lunch and an after school snack.
• Complete wrap around care for Years 3 – 8 from 7.45am – 6.30pm (Monday to Friday) including breakfast, lunch and an evening meal.
• All games kit laundry from Reception – Year 8.
• Three nights free boarding per year for Years 3 – 8.
• Non-residential academic excursions (excluding Activity Week excursions).
• All visiting authors, artists and speakers.
• Examinations and general assessments.
• Teacher led clubs and activities.
Details of packages offered are available upon request.
Charges not included in our fees
• Fees for external exams
• Year 6 and Year 8 camps
• Some after school clubs (eg Sports clubs, additional language lessons, carpentry classes)
Optional Extras Include
• Casual boarding – £31 per night
• Daily transport service to school – £6.50 per return journey, £4.00 per single journey
• After school clubs and classes – from £6.20 per session
• Music lessons – £18.50 per 30 minutes
• Learning Support – £27 per hour
• Visits to plays, concerts etc. outside of school curriculum
• Additional private tuition
• Birthday cake – £10.50
• Subscription to the Old Tockingtonian Society – £10 per term
From September 2016, pupils from Reception to Year 8 are covered by our Pupil’s Personal Accident Insurance Scheme at no additional charge. Please note that personal possessions are not included in this cover. Key facts can be found in the document below:
Fees are payable termly in advance by direct debit and collected eight working days before the start of term. A 3% discount will apply to school fees (as shown) except where families receive a military discount, bursary or where fees are paid by employers.
Payment in advance
Payments of whole years in advance prior to 30th June 2017 will obtain the following discounts (3% direct debit discount does not apply):
• 1 year in advance – 4.5%
• 2 years in advance – 5.5%
• 3 years in advance – 6.5%
For parents wishing to spread the cost of their fees, a monthly payment plan is available through School Fee Plan. Please click on the icon below to find out more.
Late Payment Charges
Interest of 5% per month plus £50 late payment fee per invoice will be charged if fees are seven days or more late. Failed Direct Debit payments will result in the 3% discount being withdrawn except where the school is at fault. The School reserves the right to withdraw places for pupils where fees are overdue.
A £500 commitment fee is required to secure a future place at the school (£750 for overseas pupils). This will be deducted from the first term’s fees. This is non-refundable in the event that the place is not taken.
Leaving the School
One full term’s notice must be given in writing should parents wish to withdraw their child from the School. If notice is not given, or is received after the start of the preceding term, one full term’s fees in lieu will be payable.
Nursery Fees – Summary of Charges 2017 – 2018
Sessions Times Cost Per Day Mornings 08.30 - 13.30 £32.15 Full Day 08.30 - 16.30 £54.30 Extended Day 07.30 - 18.00 £69.75 Extras Early Care 07.30 - 08.30 £7.55 Aftercare 16.30 - 18.00 £10.30
Grant eligible children
Sessions Times Cost Per Day Full Day 08.30 - 16.30 £26.55 Extended Day 07.30 - 18.00 £43.16 Extras Early Care 07.30 - 08.30 £7.55 Aftercare 16.30 - 18.00 £10.30